Friday, June 5, 2009

Lotus Update







Lotus is in the NICU, because she might have an infection and has a small amount of fluid on her lungs. She is breathing on her own without oxygen, but just a little fast. She likes to sleep a lot and be swaddled. Yesterday she got her first bath, and I'm sure video will follow thanks to Daddy. Tomorrow, we will get the results of her blood culture to see what kind of infection she might have and how long she will need IV antibiotics. She will need to stay in the NICU until she no longer needs the antibiotics. Her mom is getting discharged today, but is renting a room at the hospital to be close to her and help her learn to breast feed. We'll update tomorrow!



2 comments:

  1. Oh my-well, Jeff is my answer above, but truly she looks like her cousin Alex when she was born! What a beautiful little girl! I am so proud of and for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS!!! I love all these pics! I will be praying for Lotus to have a quick recovery so you can take your little sweetheart home.
    ::HUGS::
    Noochie

    ReplyDelete