Sunday, June 7, 2009
Day 4
Lotus had a good day today. She took lots of naps and made good progress on her breast feeding skills. Once she starts eating on her own she can be weaned off of her TPN which feeds her through her IV. Once she is off of her IV fluids she can start rooming in with mommy down the hall and just go to the NICU for her scheduled IV antibiotics. We are hoping that she starts eating by herself soon! Tomorrow we will get the last of her blood culture results and the Dr's will make a decision about how long to keep her on the antibiotics. If it is negative they will most likely decide on 7 days of antibiotics. Today is day 4 of antibiotics, so day 7 would be Wednesday. She will most likely be released on Thursday if she is eating well. We feel so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends. Thanks again for all of your thoughts and kind words.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congratulations on the arrival of Lotus!! I'm so happy for you all. Sorry to find out that she is not having the smoothest of times these first few days, but it sounds like she is improving. I'll keep you all in my thoughts, and look forward to hanging out with Lotus and her sweet cousin someday! Take care.
ReplyDeleteBest...Stacy N
Whoa, I just got around to looking at this, I had NO IDEA!! Congrats Bethy and Jeff!!! She's so lovely!! I'm sorry to read that she was sickies, but am glad that she's doing better now. You're going to make wonderful parents :) Hugs and kisses...xxooJenn
ReplyDelete